Beefsteak (Bistek Tagalog) is made with thinly sliced beef and marinated with lemon juice and soy sauce, and garnished with onion rings. This Beefsteak is a Filipino version, very easy to do yet delicious.
- 500 grams beef sirloin
- 4 pcs calamansi
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Slice beef sirloin thinly.
- Marinate the beef in soy sauce, calamansi, and ground black pepper for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice the onion into rings.
- Stir fry the onion rings until becomes soft. Then set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the marinated beef until the color turns brown.
- Add the garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade and add water as needed. Bring to boil.
- Add salt, msg, and ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add the onion rings, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: