Bibingka is usually baked with slices of cheese and salted duck eggs. It is an all-time favorite snacks for many Filipinos. The traditional way of cooking bibingka is unique and it is using banana leaf. But in this version, I use cupcake liners instead of banana leaf and I omit the salted duck eggs.
How to make Bibingka Muffins?
- 1 cup rice flour / flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, eggs and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Pour-in coconut milk and fresh milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Arrange the cupcake liners on a muffin pan and pour the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degress celcius.
- Bake the bibingka for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then top with grated cheese.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the color of the top turn medium brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle some sugar on top, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: