Calamares is a delicious fried squid rings. It is nearly the same with Calamari, a mediterranean breaded fried squid dish. This dish is made out of batter-coated then deep fried squid served with different condiments depending on the country.
How to make Calamares?
- 300g large sized squid
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 pieces raw egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- The squid must be cleaned and sliced into rings.
- You can add as much squid as you want, just adjust the other ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
- After marinating, roll the squid rings in the flour, then dip it in the beaten eggs and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- When the cooking oil is preheated over medium heat, deep-fry the squid until the color turns golden brown. It may take 2-4 minutes only. Do not overcook the squid.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate with paper towels (to remove the excess oil), then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: