Chicken Liver Adobo or Adobong Atay ng Manok is an authentic Filipino dish and is one of the mostly recognized Filipino foods. The procedure in cooking this dish is just nearly the same with Chicken Adobo.
How to cook Chicken Liver Adobo?
- 400g chicken liver
- 4 pcs dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- salt and whole peppercorn (as desired)
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken liver for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Put-in the marinated chicken liver. Cook all the sides for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar and salt. Stir and turn the heat off, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: