Lechon Kawali is a pan-roasted pork dish popular in the Philippines. It is a crispy deep fried pork belly and it's usually accompanied by a delicious sauce.
How to cook crispy Lechon Kawali?
- 5 cups of water
- 1 kilograms of pork belly
- 2 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper corn
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- boiled pork belly (earlier)
- 3-4 cups cooking oil
- 1 tbsp salt (rubbed all over)
- Pour the water on a pot and bring to boil.
- Add the pork belly meat, 2 2/1 tbsp salt, pepper corn, and bay leaves. Simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the meat from the pot and let it cool down.
- Place the meat inside the refrigerator overnight. (10 hours)
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator.
- Spread salt on the meat evenly.
- Prepare the cooking pan and heat up the cooking oil.
- Deep fry the meat for 10 minutes and cover the pan.
- Flip the meat to cook the other side for 10 minutes, then pour 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan back.
- Flip the other side again and pour another 1/4 cup of water, then cover the pan again. Check the meat from time to time. Fry the meat until crispy.
- Remove the meat from the cooking pan, slice and then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: