Eggplant Salad also known as Ensaladang Talong. It is a simple Filipino Salad that usually served as side dish. Many Filipinos love this as it is healthy and very delicious. As we all know, vegetables can give us nutrients that our body needs.
How to make Eggplant Salad?
- 8-10 eggplants
- 5 tomatoes, cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (or olive oil)
- 4-5 tbsp vinegar (or as desired)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (or as desired)
- 1 tsp sugar (or as desired)
- 1 tsp salt (or as desired)
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in water then let it boil.
- Put the eggplants for 5-10 minutes or more depending on its size.
- Remove eggplants from the pot. Peel and mash. (Note: you can also grill the eggplant slices.)
- In a separate bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, ginger, oil, vinegar, salt, ground pepper & sugar. Mix well.
- Add the mashed eggplants and mix well, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: