Mamon is a bite-sized sponge cake, very soft and creamy. Many Filipinos love this dessert because of its amazing taste. It is nearly the same with Goldilocks Mamon that everyone loves.
How to make Fluffy Mamon?
- 4 eggs (whites and yolks separated)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp orange or lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- I am using electric oven so my temperature is 175Â°C & baking time is 30-40 minutes. If you are using gas oven, kindly adjust accordingly.
- Combine the egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar and water. Mix until smooth.
- Add-in baking powder, salt, flour, melted butter, orange or lemon and vanilla, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar using an electric hand mixer, then beat at high speed.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar and continue mixing until stiff.
- Combine the two mixtures gently using a hand mixer or spatula. Don't over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, just 3/4 full.
- Preheat the oven for 175Â°C.
- Bake the mamon for 20-30 minutes, then let it cool.
- Remove the mamon from the molds, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: