Ginataang Hipon (Shrimp in Coconut Milk) is a Filipino Recipe that consists of shrimps cooked in coconut milk. Ginataan means "to cook with coconut milk". Gata means coconut milk in tagalog. Most of the Filipinos love to eat ginataan, because of its awesome taste.
How to cook Ginataang Hipon?
- 500 grams cleaned shrimp
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 8-10 strings beans (sitaw), cut into 2 inches length
- 2 cups cubed kalabasa (squash)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a pan then pour-in cooking oil.
- SautÃ© the garlic and onion until soft.
- Put-in the shrimp. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pot and set aside.
- Add-in the shrimp paste and pour-in the coconut milk in the sautÃ©ed garlic and onion. Stir and let boil.
- Add the kalabasa. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Put the shrimp back in the pot. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the string beans. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: