Ginataang Isda is a simple Filipino dish. It is a fish cooked in coconut milk. It is very easy and quick to prepare. Many Filipinos love this dish as it has an awesome taste.
How to cook Ginataang Isda?
- 400 grams fish (king fish)
- 2 cups coconut milk (or 400ml)
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- In a pan, arrange the fish slices.
- Put garlic, ginger, onion, ground black pepper, fish sauce, sugar, salt and water.
- Turn-on the heat and wait until it boils.
- Pour the vinegar (Do not stir). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Reboil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: