Ginisang Sardinas (Sauteed Sardines) is usually a choice of most Filipinos because this dish is very cheap, quick and easy to make, and yet very delicious. It is more better than eating sardines instantly from the can.
How to cook Ginisang Sardinas?
- 2 small cans sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 siling labuyo (optional)
- 1 tsp fish sauce or salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan. SautÃ© the garlic and onion.
- When the onion becomes soft, add the tomato and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the sardines in tomato sauce and chili. Stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes in low to medium heat.
- You may add a little water if needed.
- Add-in the lemon juice, ground black pepper, and salt or fish sauce. Stir and cook for a minute more.
- Turn off heat and then transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: