Taho is a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (sweetener and flavoring), and sago pearl (tapioca pearls). Many filipinos love this because of its amazing taste. This version is very easy to make.
How to make Homemade Taho?
- 700 grams extra soft tofu
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup uncooked tapioca pearls
- 6 1/2 cups water
- you can use light brown sugar if you want a lighter syrup.
- Pour-in 6 cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add-in the tapioca pearls and cook for 30-40 minutes in medium heat (or until cooked, depending on the size of your tapioca pearls being used).
- Add-in 1/4 cup sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and remove tapioca pearls from the pot. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan then pour-in 1/2 cup of water and let it boil.
- Put-in 1 cup of sugar. Mix well and simmer until it becomes thick. Set aside the sweet syrup.
- Transfer the extra soft tofu in a glass or mug then heat in a microwave oven for a minute.
- Remove the extra soft tofu from the microwave oven.
- Add-in the cooked tapioca pearls and sweet syrup. Serve warm.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: