Humba is also known as Braised Pork. It is a delicious pork dish, popular in the Philippines. The taste of this dish is just awesome that everyone loves. We can use pork belly or pork knuckle in cooking this dish but using pork knuckle will take longer cooking time.
How to cook Humba?
- 2 lbs pork belly or pork knuckle
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Â½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- If you want to cook pork knuckle (like what I am using), you have to use pressure cooker to make it quicker. The instruction below is, if you will be cooking pork belly.
- Heat the cooking pot then brown the pork.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft.
- Put-in the soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves.
- Pour-in the pineapple juice and let it boil. Simmer until the pork is tender (add water as needed).
- Add the vinegar and wait for the mixture to reboil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the salted black beans and brown sugar then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: