Humba is also known as Braised Pork. It is a delicious pork dish, popular in the Philippines. The taste of this dish is just awesome that everyone loves. This humba recipe is a bisaya version.
How to cook Humba (Bisaya Version)?
- 500 grams pork meat
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sprite
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 dried bay leaves
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of salted black beans
- Salt (as desired)
- Heat the cooking pot. Pour 1/4 cup water and put the pork. Let the water evaporates.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Put the soy sauce, dried bay leaves, and ground black pepper.
- Pour-in the sprite and let it boil. Simmer until the pork is tender (add the remaining water as needed).
- Add the vinegar and wait for the mixture to reboil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the salted black beans then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: