Leche Flan also known as Caramel Custard. It is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. This dessert is known throughout the world for its very delicious taste and yet very easy to make.
How to make Leche Flan?
- 395 grams condensed milk (1 can)
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl then beat them using an egg beater or a fork.
- Pour-in the condensed milk, vanilla extract and the fresh milk, then mix well. Set aside.
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire.
- Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold, mix well until the solid sugar turns into liquid having a light brown color.
- Spread the liquid sugar evenly, let it settle for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
- Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil.
- Steam the mixture for about 30 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate.
- After refrigerating, turn the mold upside down and gently dislodge the flan, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: