Lechon Kawali also known as Deep Fried Pork. It is a pan-roasted pork dish, popular in the Philippines. It's usually accompanied by a delicious gravy sauce.
How to cook Lechon Kawali?
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 3 cups cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 5 pcs dried bay leaves
- 5 cups Water
- Place the water on a big cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the pork belly then add salt, pepper, and bay leaves and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Spread 1 tbsp of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections.
- Deep fry the meat until crispy.
- Flip the meat to cook the opposite side.
- Remove the meat from the pan, then slice according to desired portions.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: