Lumpiang Shanghai (Spring Rolls) are usually made of ground meat, finely chopped carrots, minced onions, and seasonings, all rolled up in a wrapper. It can be sealed using plain water or beaten egg.
How to make Lumpiang Shanghai?
- 400 grams ground pork
- Lumpia wrapper
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 3/4 cup onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2-3 cups cooking oil
- You can add paprika and msg as desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, carrots, onion, parsley, salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and 1 piece beaten egg. Combine well.
- Get a lumpia wrapper, place 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and wrap nicely. Seal it with a beaten egg or plain water.
- Heat the cooking oil, deep fry the lumpia for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place it on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Place it on a serving plate then serve it with Ketchup / Catsup.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: