Minatamis na Saging or Banana in Sugar Syrup is a dessert wherein saging na saba (plantains) are sweetened by cooking in a sweet mixture composed of water, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. It is usually an afternoon snack in the Philippines.
How to cook Minatamis na Saging?
- 5-6 pieces Saging na saba (Plantains), sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in water then let it boil.
- Add sugar and stir until diluted.
- Add salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Put-in the Plantains (saging na saba) and adjust the heat to medium.
- Cover the cooking pot and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until the liquid thickens.
- Turn-off heat and allow the plantains to cool.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: