Nilagang Baboy also known as Pork Nilaga is a traditional Filipino soup dish commonly served for lunch or dinner. For many Fililipinos, nilagang baboy is best eaten with steamed rice. This is one of the simplest soup dish yet very delicious!
How to cook Nilagang Baboy?
- 400 grams pork belly or ribs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pc pork cube (diluted in 3 cups water)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 pcs long beans
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Put the pork. Cook until the color turns light brown (about 10 minutes).
- Pour-in the diluted pork cube. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add fish sauce, ground black pepper and sugar. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the long beans, cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: