Nilagang baka (Boiled Beef) is a classic Filipino comfort food. It is very delicious beef stew made with pechay, corn and other vegetables. It is nearly the same with Bulalo.
How to cook Nilagang Baka?
- 500 grams beef with bone
- 1 bundle Pechay
- 2 pcs corn, cut into 2 or 3
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 onion
- 5 cups water
- 1/8 tsp msg (optional)
- In a cooking pot, pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef, onion and whole pepper corn. Simmer for an hour. (Note: only 30 minutes, if using a pressure cooker).
- Add 1 cup of water (optional only).
- Add the corn. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the pechay, then remove from heat. Serve hot.
- Share and happy eating.
You might also like: