for the pastry dough
- 3 1/2 cups flour (+ 1/2 cup flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup freezing water
for the filling
- 3 pcs ripe mangoes
- 3 pcs ripe peaches
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 tsp juice from lemon
- You can adjust the sweetness by adding sugar and cinnamon powder as desired.
- You can also use this design
- like the Apple Pie I did before,
- as shown.
- Blend or slice the mangoes and peaches.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mangoes, peaches, lemon juice, flour, sugar and the cinnamon powder. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the 3 1/2 cups flour, salt, and butter.
- Gradually add the freezing water and combine evenly.
- Sprinkle some flour (using the remaining 1/2 cup flour) on a clean counter top.
- Knead the flour mixture for at least 7 minutes.
- Cover the dough with clingfilm and put inside the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, get the dough from the refrigerator and use rolling pin to flatten the dough.
- Cut the flattened dough according to your desired design.
- In a baking pan, arrange the pastry dough.
- Add the filling and spread evenly.
- Get a piece of pastry dough and place it on top.
- Brush the pastry dough with an egg-wash.
- Sprinkle some bread crumbs (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Bake the pie for at least 40-50 minutes.
- Get the pie from the oven then serve.
- Share and happy eating!