Polvoron (Polvorone) is a popular holiday delicacy. Traditionally they were prepared from September to January but now, it is available all year round. Polvoron tastes really good that both kids and kids-at-heart will like. This version is nearly the same with Goldilocks Polvoron.
How to make Polvoron?
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- You can add more sugar if you want sweeter polvoron.
- Mix the ingredients patiently most especially with the melted butter. ;-)
- Heat a pan over low heat then put the flour. Toast the flour for 10 minutes or until the color turns light brown. Stir constantly to prevent being burnt.
- Add the milk. Stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove the flour and the milk from the heat.
- Put it in a mixing bowl, add the sugar and the melted butter. Mix until evenly combined.
- Use polvoron mold to make it into a compact bite-sized polvoron.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Wrap the molded polvoron in a japanese paper or you may eat directly.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: