Puto Maya (Sweet Sticky Rice) is made from glutinous rice, coconut milk, salt, sugar and ginger juice. In the usual way, cooking puto maya is soaking the glutinous rice in water, drained and then placed into a steamer. But in this version, this is the easy way of cooking puto maya.
How to cook Puto Maya?
- 2 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar (or less)
- 4 pieces peeled ginger (cut into 3/4" chunks)
- Rinse the glutinous rice and place into the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, cover and let it boil.
- Add the sugar, salt and ginger. Mix well.
- Turn heat to lower setting, simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove the ginger.
- Transfer on a serving plate, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: