Turon or also known as deep-fried banana rolls. It is a famous Filipino dessert made with plantain bananas (saba) and jackfruit (langka) wrapped in lumpia wrappers.
- 6-8 saba bananas or plantains, cut in half (lengthwise)
- 2 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup ripe Jack fruit
- 12-14 pieces spring roll wrapper
- Prepare a plate with sugar.
- Roll the banana, make sure it is coated with sugar.
- Wrap the sugar coated banana in the spring roll wrapper, and add some jack fruit.
- Heat the oil in a pan and put-in some brown sugar. Wait until the brown sugar floats.
- Fry the wrapped banana until the wrapper turns golden brown.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: