Tempura is very famous type of Japanese food that is widely enjoyed around the world. There are many kinds of tempura but shrimp tempura is probably the most common as you can see on the menus in many restaurants. This is a Filipino version of shrimp tempura, easy to make and it taste really good.
How to make Shrimp Tempura?
- 500g shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh milk
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 piece big lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 raw eggs
- If you are using small lemon, make it 2-3 pieces.
- In a bowl, marinate the shrimp in pure lemon juice for 20-30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Heat a pan and pour the cooking oil.
- Dip a piece of shrimp in the mixture. Don't include the shrimp tail.
- Then deep-fry until the color of the outer part turns golden yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan, put it in a plate with paper towel (to remove the excess oil).
- Then serve with salt and vinegar.
- Share and happy eating!
You might also like: