Sinigang na Hipon is one of the sour soup Filipino dishes. It is easily prepared by cooking the shrimp and vegetables in boiling water. There are a lot of ways in cooking this dish but this version is one of the easiest.
How to cook Sinigang na Hipon?
- 300 grams shrimp (with head)
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 cup string beans (sitaw)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup pechay
- 1 pack sinigang mix
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups water
- In a large pot, pour the water and bring to boil.
- Add onions and tomatoes. Cook until texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the string beans. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the shrimps, fish sauce and ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the pechay. Turn off the heat, then cover the pot for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: