Sponge cake is a cake based on flour, sugar, and eggs. It may be produced by the batter method or the foam method. This Sponge Cake version is steamed, so no need to use an oven to make this.
How to make Sponge Cake?
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Prepare your steamer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs using an electric hand mixer, gradually add the sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, and the salt. Mix thoroughly.
- At this time, add the flour gradually using fork or spatula. Mix until smooth but do not over-mix. (It will affect the texture of your cake)
- Grease the pan.
- Pour the mixture to the greased pan.
- Steam the cake for 30-40 minutes, depending on how thick you cake is.
- Remove the cake from the steamer. Let it cool down.
- Dislodge the cake from the pan, slice, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Here's a tip:
You might also like: